POLYURETHANE ADHESIVE FOR POLYSTYRENE
Ready-to-use foam adhesive in a handy pressure container. The adhesive provides excellent adhesion to typical building substrates such as plaster, brick, concrete, wood. It dries much faster and adheres more firmly to the substrate than traditional mortars, thus allowing for a more secure and quick application of thermal insulation. It also eliminates the need to use dust-forming mortars, mix them with water and transport to the scaffolding. The foam adhesive is efficient, easy to apply and not cumbersome to store and transport. A product that saves time and money.
- styrodur (extruded polystyrene)
- aerated concrete
The adhesive is used for instant installation of insulation boards made of polystyrene (both traditional and extruded boards) in insulation systems using the “light wet” method.
1. Shake the container 20-30 times to homogenize the contents.
2. Screw the container onto the foam application gun.
3. Apply the polystyrene adhesive with a braid of about 3 cm in diameter to the polystyrene board along the perimeter with a gap to its edge of about 2 cm and one strip along the centre of the board. Make a gap of about 5 cm in the braids.
4. Immediately after gluing the board to the wall, make alignment corrections with a straightedge. The positioning of the boards can be corrected up to 10 minutes after they are applied to the wall. When working in unfavourable conditions such as strong winds or rain, it is essential to use scaffolding netting, and to use supports at corners until the adhesive sets (approx. 10 minutes). After 2 hours, the boards are ready for further processing. It is required to reinforce the glued polystyrene boards with mechanical fasteners, such as dowels. The connection of thermal insulation boards to the substrate should be made as soon as possible after the application of the adhesive. The open time at the temperature of (23 ± 2)°C and (50 ± 5)% relative humidity is maximum 5 minutes.
1. Conduct the works at the temperature of +5°C to +30°C.
2. The temperature of the container should be at least +20°C.
3. Fasten the insulation boards to the substrate with mechanical fasteners – especially for large and high areas.
With one container, about 8 m2 of insulation can be glued; the yield depends on the temperature and humidity of the air.
Store the product in a dry, cool, well-ventilated room in the original sealed package in an upright position away from direct sunlight and other sources of heat and ignition. Storage temperature from +5°C to +30°C (room temperature recommended). Store and use before the date indicated on the bottom of the package.